Frequently Asked Questions for Feistan At Home Products
1. How should I prepare for self tanning with Feistan At Home?
2. Do I have to worry about streaks, lines or marks while applying Feistan At Home?
- No! Any streaks, lines or marks that you see during application will wash away when you shower off the bronzer after a minimum of 12 to 24 hours. (The longer you wait, the darker you will be) The only body areas that you should make sure are streak free are your knees and elbows as these areas absorb a lot more solution.
3. How dark will my tan be?
- It depends upon how many coats of solution are used and how long you leave the bronzer on before showering.
4. Why do I have to wait 12 - 24 hours as opposed to 8 hours with a spray tan before I shower off the bronzer with Feistan At Home products?
- Feistan spray tans are applied with a high pressure, low velocity spray gun that allows your pores to absorb the solution at a faster rate as well as develop under the bronzer much faster due to the higher pressure of the application process. Please make sure you wait at least 12 hours (preferably 24 hours) before showering off the bronzer with all Feistan At Home products.
5. How should I store my Feistan At Home products?
- It is important that you store your Feistan At Home products at room temperature and out of direct sunlight.
6. Is there an expiration date on the solution?
- Feistan At Home products will maintain its effectiveness for 3 months from date of delivery if stored properly.
7. Will I Look Orange or Streaky?
- No! Orange color is the result of older tanning agents that are no longer used in the spray tanning industry or the result of tanning pills. The DHA solution that Feistan uses is more refined and of a much higher quality than DHA solutions that were used in the past. Streakiness is caused by the improper application of home tanning creams and sprays.
8. Will My Tan Be Instant?
- Yes your tan will be an instant tan that will continue to develop over the next twelve to twenty four hours. Please follow the tanning instructions on the bottle for the best results. However your true tan will be revealed after you wash off the bronzer. (12 hrs. minimum, 24 hours preferred) the longer you wait to shower off the bronzer the better)
9. Should I apply moisturizer after I wash the bronzer off?
- Yes, It is important to keep skin moisturized after spray tanning as dry, flaky skin will come off faster and the color will fade sooner. Moisturizing slows down the body’s natural exfoliation process.
10. Does The Tanning Solution Contain Any Sunscreen?
- No! The tanning solution does not provide any protection from the sun and does not contain any sunscreen.
11. When Should I Get a Manicure or a Pedicure?
- At least 36 hours before your air brush spray tanning appointment.
12. Can I Go Swimming Or Workout?
- The same answer for showering applies to working out. You must wait at least 12 hours to give the DHA time to react with your skin before disturbing the application. Swimming should be avoided completely until after you compete. The chlorine can have an adverse affect on your tan.
13. I Have Waited At Least 12 Hours to shower After My Spray Tan, Why Did The Shower Water Turn Brown?
- The bronzer in the solution is temporary and it is what gave you the immediate color. The real color is the result of the DHA reacting with the proteins in your skin. The real color develops behind the bronzer over 12 – 24 hours. So do not be alarmed when taking your first shower. The brown is the bronzer and it is supposed to come off. The lasting color is what is left behind.
14. Will The Tan Rub Off On My Clothes, Socks or Bed sheets?
- There is a good chance that the bronzer will come off on your clothes and/or bed sheets before you take your first shower after the air brush spray tan is applied. It will come out in the wash as long as you do not wait and extremely long amount of time to wash the items. We recommend that you wear dark colored, older, loose fitting clothes. It is not recommended that you wear your dance socks, your costume, or tights before you have showered and rinsed the bronzer off after at least 12 hours.